Tanya Maria Ryan, AMFT (she/her/hers)
Associate Marriage and Family Therapist #129626
Supervised by Dr. Rebecca Bokoch, PsyD, MFT #101242
Employed by Anchor Children and Family Counseling, Inc.
If “…there is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you…” (Maya Angelou), then
therapy should be a safe space where people should be able to share their stories, as many
times, and in as many ways as they need to, and for those stories to be heard. I offer a non-
judgmental, empathic place for you to explore, grow in insight, and move towards integration,
healing, healthier relationships, and a stronger sense of self.
I believe that every person has unique internal resources, experiences and perspectives, and
that we are all constantly growing. I also wholeheartedly maintain that part of being human
naturally includes walking through challenging seasons of difficulty, like major life transitions,
relational issues, or mood disorders. Sometimes we all need a little more help as we navigate
life, gain new coping skills and settle into ways of being.
When such times arise and you feel that you require more support, my approach to therapy is
compassionate, creative, and grounded in you being the expert and author of your own story.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Applied Psychology – Biola University
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Marital and Family Therapy – Alliant International University
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Individual Adults, Children, Families, Couples & Groups
- Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, Relational Stress, Life Transitions,
- Racial Justice Allied, LGBTQIA+ Ally; Sex Positive
- 20-minute complimentary consultation
- $150 for a 50-minute session
*Limited sliding scale appointments are available, please contact Tanya to discuss.
Tanya Maria Ryan