Jayme Malachowsky, MS, AMFT, APCC
Associate Marriage and Family Therapist # 128014
Associate Professional Clinical Counselor # 10266
Supervised by Dr. Rebecca Bokoch, PsyD, MFT #101242
Employed by Anchor Children and Family Counseling, Inc.
You are the expert in your own experience, so our work together will be collaborative, creative and customized to fit your unique needs. I strongly believe that we are all doing the best we can with the knowledge and resources we have in the moment. We can’t do better until we know better, so I’m here to support you as you learn, grow, heal and discover what "better" is for you.
I also have a passion for helping children and adolescents navigate their emotions and improve their mental health through empathetic listening, providing psychoeducation, and building social-emotional skills. If traditional talk therapy isn’t the right fit for you or your child, that’s okay! I have experience in play and art therapy that I would love to bring into our time together.
- Master of Science, (MS) in Counseling Psychology, Marriage & Family Therapy Specialization from Mount Saint Mary’s University, Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Sociology and Art History from University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Certifications and Training:
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Training from Behavior Tech
- Grief Intensive from Our House Grief Support Center
- Dance for All from UCLArts & Healing
- Domestic Violence Counselor Advocate from WomenShelter of Long Beach
- 200-Hour Certified Yoga Teacher Certification
- 17-Hour Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher Certification
- Individual, Family, Children, Adolescents and Group Psychotherapy
- Anxiety, depression, grief and loss, sexual abuse, domestic violence, trauma, PTSD, divorce/separation, life transitions, and relational issues.
- Racial justice and LGBTQIA+ Ally
- 20 minute complimentary consultation
- $150 for a 50 minute session